Wednesday, April 14, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


Dumb Deer

Katy transferred a call to my office.


“I drank again,” a familiar voice said.  “After a business lunch. The waitress asked we wanted anything else. The other guys ordered beers and I froze.”


“Remember me telling you about the deer?” I asked, knowing I’d have to be a little harsher with him than I would be with most people.


He quoted me. “Smart deer cross roads as quickly as they can, sensing the danger.  Dumb deer take their time. When they see the headlights, it’s too late. They freeze.”


“And anybody who lingers near something he should avoid  ‘cause it might kill him is dumber than the dumbest deer.”


“Oh, so you’re saying I’m no smarter than roadkill?”


“If you were a deer your nickname would be ‘Hood Ornament’.”

 

Today I’ll prove I’m smarter than roadkill.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment