Friday, April 16, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Live in the Present, But…

That night I dreamt I was back at Pitt, working on a Ph.D. I’d pay for but never get because I was too drunk to study for comprehensive exams. I woke up feeling a little sick, but grateful for the reminder of one reason I got sober.


My friend married a snake. He seemed like a saint until he drove off in her car, leaving behind a mountain of credit card debt. She discovered he’d fathered at least one child with another woman while they were together. She started dating again, but kept her wedding ring to remind herself not to be too trusting.  


A guy I knew broke his wrist and fractured his skull riding his bike without a helmet.  He had the odd habit of circling the scar on his forearm in ink when he biked to remind himself to be careful.


 

Today I won’t live in the past, but I will remember my mistakes.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment