Thursday, April 1, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Wrong

I went to an AA meeting that night.


As a white guy in his mid-thirties gave his lead, somebody in the back could be heard complaining.  People tried to shush her, but she kept on.


The speaker didn’t react at all.


At the end he held up his chip and said, “I’m one year sober today.”


“You’ll be drunk in a week!” the woman yelled and left.  I was stunned. I’d never heard anyone heckle a speaker before.


The speaker laughed. “That was my mother. I used to drink to drown out her constant criticism.  Now I let it fuel my recovery.  I’m sober for me, but proving her wrong gives me a little boost.”


 

Today I’ll prove my critics wrong.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose
 

No comments:

Post a Comment