Wednesday, March 31, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


California Sober

Later that day Dana asked me what I thought of “California sober,’ somebody who’s been addicted limiting themselves to alcohol and weed.


“Some would say it’s harm reduction,” I said, “but calling it any kind of sober seems like a stretch. It’s like saying you’re ‘Las Vegas faithful’ because you only cheat with hookers, not anyone she might know.”


 Dana snorted. “It’s like calling death ‘underground living.’”


“Sitting on your couch, eating junk while watching a workout video, is ‘second hand exercising.’”


“Shoplifting isn’t theft. It’s ‘retail redistribution.’”


“You can convince yourself of anything if you twist the words enough,” I said. “I’m just glad I’m ‘sober sober.’

 

Today I’ll be careful how I twist my words.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment