Tuesday, March 30, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers

Turnaround

Randy walked by, looked at Katy, and said, “Go home. I’ll cover the phones. Don’t worry about having no sick time, I’ll fix your timesheet.” Katy couldn’t have been more relieved.


Dana had grown up with Randy. She had told me several stories of how Randy had used his family’s money to get away with treating people badly.  The arrogant teen had turned his life around, becoming a thoughtful, kind man.


I thought of other people whose turnarounds had inspired me, including two ministers who had been drug dealers, a corrupt businessman who now spent his time raising money for foodbanks and homeless shelters, and a doctor who’d been kicked out of college and the military in his teens and twenties.


They had set a good example, and early in  my recovery made my struggle to change seem doable.


Today I’ll be grateful for people who’ve turned their lives around.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment