Friday, March 26, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Seriously, Though

I was feeling slightly superior after Dana left. In the afternoon I turned down an offer to be on an agency’s Board of Directors.  Someone wrote a really nice review of my novel.


To quote Steve Martin, later that night I was feeling like ‘the all-knowing master of time, space, and dimension.’ I went to the kitchen to get a snack.


As I stared into the refrigerator, our little cleaning bot advanced, its single red demon eye staring at me. I backed up. It advanced further. I stepped on the back of my flip flop retreating from it.


I fell backwards nearly hitting my head on the doorway.  As the pain shot up my backside, I started to laugh.


“Clearly I’m not the master of comfortable footwear,” I said to the dog.  “I think the Universe is telling me to be proud of what I’ve accomplished, but not to take myself too seriously.”


Today I’ll be proud without taking myself too seriously.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment