Friday, March 19, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Runny Eggs/Greasy Bacon

“I feel empty inside,” Marti said as I walked into the group room.


“Well, you’ve just ended a close relationship with a chemical you once loved,” I said.  “You’re bound to feel empty.”


Marti laughed. “No, I’ve been sick. I haven’t eaten in two days. I feel really empty, but I’m not sure what to eat.”


“How about half a dozen runny eggs and a mound of greasy bacon?”


Marti looked like she was about to be sick again.


I said, “When you’re empty inside, it pays to fill up slowly, starting with something healthy.” I wasn’t talking just about food.


“Like toast and tea?”


“Like making some new friends or getting your finances in order before you move in with the guy you met in detox, before you  borrow a ton of money to start your own IT company.”


Marti said, “If I rush to fill my life, I might get sick all over again.”


 

Today I won’t rush to fill any emptiness I might feel.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental. 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment