Friday, March 12, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Near Miss

I  was sick enough that I should have had somebody drive me home. I nearly passed out as I pulled into the driveway.


“There’s two kinds of near misses,” I said to the cat when I was safely in bed.


“The delusional near miss where at first you’re relieved you’re OK. Two weeks later you start thinking you’ll never get hurt, you’ll never get caught. 

 

“You say things like ‘Cops can’t catch me. She’ll never find out. Nobody will ever see the tattoo there.’


“The realistic near miss is where you’re grateful nothing terrible happened. You learn your lesson and never do that something again.


“You say to yourself, “I’m too cute to go to jail. She deserves better. I’ll never go to the tattoo parlor drunk again.


“I’ve noticed that since I’ve gotten sober, I learn my lesson from near misses. Next time I'm this sick, I won’t drive.”

 

Today I will learn from my near misses.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment