Thursday, March 4, 2021


Fawlty Showers


Thanks For Your Support

Abigail’s aunt stood dumbfounded after Abigail dismissed her.


Cuddles the cat took a step forward on my desk. His tail swished back and forth, the fur on his back standing on end. He hissed and let out a low, rumbling growl.  Ears back, teeth exposed, he stared at Abigail’s aunt with pure malice.


Abigail’s aunt looked down and gasped. M.A. had sneaked out of the desk drawer, down the back of the desk, across the floor, to stand at her feet. Was he letting her know he could creep up on her any time he wanted to? She fled.


Abigail collapsed into a chair. Cuddles jumped into her lap. “I don’t know if I could have stood up to her much longer,” Abigail said, stroking the cat. “Thank you.”


I started to say ‘no problem’, but realized she was talking to Cuddles.  I made a note to thank the supportive people in my life anyway.

 

Today I will thank the supportive people in my life.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment