Wednesday, March 17, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Rest

“Where are you’re going?” Dr. Deb asked as I stepped out of the shower.


“I know what you’re going to say,” I said. “It’s too soon to go back to work.  I’m like the guy new to recovery who goes to the party when he’s still craving alcohol.  I’m like whatshername who dated the bailiff she met in divorce court.”


Dr. Deb looked puzzled.


I was on a roll, “You’re gonna say any time you overcome something – emotionally, physically, spiritually – you should take  time to rest.  Maybe you’re right, but I’m a man, and there’s work to do.”


I puffed out my chest and added, “What do you have to say to that?”


 “It’s Saturday,” Dr. Deb said.

 

Today I may need to rest.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment