Tuesday, March 2, 2021


 Fawlty Showers

 

Book

After Dana left, an attractive woman in her late forties appeared in my doorway. She was dressed to the nines and wore a diamond pendant.


“There’s an animal on your desk,” she said, pointing to Cuddles, and giving me a disapproving look. Cuddles hissed. I saw the resemblance and knew who she was - Abigail’s aunt.


Your soul is a swarm of flying cockroaches feasting on misery and contempt, I thought. “Can I help you?” I asked. I fought the urge to demand she tell me where she’d hidden the Dalmatian puppies.


One of the nicest people I’d ever met wore nothing but flannel shirts and faded dungarees, swore like he was being paid by the curse word, and spit tobacco into an ever-present cup.  He’d do anything for someone who needed his help. 


She was dressed to impress, but his willingness to help others was truly impressive.


“You can’t judge a book by its cover,” I muttered to Cuddles.


Today I won’t judge a book by its cover.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment