Monday, March 22, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Ugly Enough

When I got back to my office the phone rang. The County Evaluator called Randy to see if we had gotten rid of the animals.


Cuddles the cat sat on my window ledge, watching the birds and purring. M.A. scurried across my office, happily chattering as he carried Gummi Bears from one stash to another.


Apparently the Evaluator’s relationship with Randy had ended ugly. The idea of losing Cuddles and M.A. seemed even uglier.


I pondered how I should respond. ‘May you die from a thousand paper cuts, alone reviewing medical charts, in the rat-infested basement of a condemned facility. May the rats carry your body outside to be devoured by vultures, may your final resting place be vulture droppings splattered on a litter strewn hillside.’


“I’ll leave Randy a message,” I said. “Have a nice day.”  I’d decided there was enough ugliness in the world. I was angry, but I wouldn’t add more.

 

Today I won’t contribute to the ugly.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment