Wednesday, March 24, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


Reverse Paranoia

M.A. scurried out of my top drawer and down the back of my desk. He rested his head on Cuddles’ back, his eyes turned toward the door. I got the feeling the ferret was watching out for the cat.


“It’s like reverse paranoia,” I said to my laptop, “that reassuring feeling somebody is watching you and watching out for you.”


I made a list of people watching out for me, starting with my family, my neighbors, and extending to the police, firemen, hospitals, etc. 


I laughed thinking about how my children now watched out for me. Blondie wanted to know that when I rode my bike I wore my helmet, took my phone, and was careful crossing roads.  Brat Boy acted as my back up memory – “Last time you ordered that you hated it, don’t you remember?”


I decided to let people in my life know I was watching out for them too.


 

Today I’ll savor reverse paranoia.  I’ll let someone know I’m watching out for them.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment