Monday, March 8, 2021


 Kind

Abigail opened the envelope and read the papers. A smile crept across her face. “Nothing new,” she said, looking at me and stroking Cuddles. “Just my aunt going out of her way to be mean.”


M.A. had disappeared. He reappeared at Abigail’s feet with one of his cherished Gummi Bears in his mouth. Abigail picked him up and he dropped the candy in her lap.


“And you, my little friend,” Abigail said to M.A., “just went out of your way to be kind.”  She looked at me and said again, “We can’t lose these two.”


I looked down at the semi-melted, fuzzy, tooth-marked, Gummi Bear in Abigail’s lap. “We won’t. Now don’t be rude, eat the candy.” Abigail laughed, but looked like she might choke at the thought of it.

 


Today I’ll go out of my way to be kind.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment