Wednesday, March 3, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Bully

Just then Abigail walked past my office and spotted her aunt.


Abigail looked down and away. Her shoulders slumped. She took a step backward, as if her aunt had balled up their past and tossed to her, weighing her down and staggering her.


A moment later Abigail dropped the ball. She stood up straight and stepped toward her aunt.


Smiling from ear to ear, Abigail’s aunt handed her an envelope.  She had chosen to serve Abigail legal documents herself.


Slap the smirk right off her face, I thought.  Please let Abigail slap her aunt silly.


“Thank you,” Abigail said, forcing a smile. “You may go now.”  


Abigail had refused to be bullied by her aunt. She had refused to be bullied by her past. She didn’t let who she had been dictate who she was now.


I wondered if I was bullied by my past, letting mistakes and relationships limit who I was now.

 

Today I won’t be bullied by my past.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment