Monday, March 15, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


Muddle

When I wasn’t shivering I was sweating. My head pounded. I felt dizzy when I stood up.  I had things I wanted to accomplish, but the best I could do was muddle through until the next day, knowing I was one day closer to feeling healthy again.


I thought of people who’d lost someone. At first their lives seemed unmanageable. The heart may not be the largest organ, but when broken, it is certainly the heaviest. Sometimes the best they can do is muddle through, dragging a broken heart around, hoping they are one day closer to acceptance.  


Some people struggle mightily the first days without drugs. While their brain chemistry is trying to right itself, they experience mood swings, insomnia, anxiety, and intense cravings. The best they can do is muddle through until the next day, knowing you’re one day closer to recovery.

 

Today I may have to muddle through until tomorrow.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
  • https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment