Thursday, March 25, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


One is Too Many…

Dana stepped into my office and said, “I ate a bag of jelly beans.”


“Congratulations,” I said. “Why are you telling me this?”


“I’m punishing myself for eating the whole bag.  I know you’ll feel slightly superior because you stuck to your vow to give up sweets for Lent.”


“Why did you eat the first one?”


“I wanted to see if they were stale.  After I had one, I had to have another. And another.”


“One is too many, and a thousand is never enough,” I said quoting the AA slogan.


“It’s the engine not the caboose that kills you,” Dana answered. She sighed. “Do you feel slightly superior?”


I laughed. “Just slightly?”  Dana laughed and threw a box of tissues at me.

 

Today I’ll remember the slogan ‘one is too many, a thousand is never enough.’

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment