Friday, April 9, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Let It @#$@ Go

The next day I sat down to right my blog. I wrote, rewrote, deleted what I’d written, and wrote some more. Time passed. I had a training that morning. People were coming soon.


I cursed my laptop. I spilled my coffee and cursed the cup.  “#$#%@#%%” I cursed my high school English teacher, and all three of the Pitt professors whose writing classes I’d taken. “May you rot in a hell of editing grade school essays.”


When I was a child I’d been told my guardian angel shed a tear every time I swore.  “Cry my a river,”  I muttered.


In the end I realized what I had written was good, but not perfect. “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good,” I said out loud.  “Do your best and let it go.”


I let it go, published my blog, and felt a wave of relief wash over me.


Today I will do my best and let it go.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment