Friday, August 27, 2021


Fawlty Showers 2


From This Day Forward

After group the older man came to my office. He put DD on his lap and scratched him between the ears. We sat in silence for a long moment.


Finally, he said, “My company has done some awful things. I’ve signed off on shady projects, knowing I should try to stop them. A lot of my drinking is me drowning my conscience.”


“We were talking about slogans and sayings in group,” I said. “One of my favorites is ‘from this day forward.’  On any given day you can decide to make a change.”


Another long silence ensued. He seemed to be a thoughtful man drowning in regret.


“Won’t be easy,” he said, “but I guess any day can be the first day of ‘from this day forward.’ Seems like a blessing.”


“From this day forward,” I said. “Stop drinking, follow your conscience.”


When he left my office I wondered if I needed to change something from that day forward.

 

Today will be the first day of ‘from this day forward.’

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are 

available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment