Thursday, August 12, 2021


Fawlty Showers 2


Good, Bad, Blind

Katy got up and ran from the room.


“I’m surprised she’s so upset by this,” I said.


Dana snorted. “I’m surprised at how clueless you can be.”


Abigail smiled. It wasn’t her usual stiff, forced, smiling through the pain expression.  She truly looked happy. “Morning sickness, Ken. You do remember Katy is pregnant, right?”


When Katy came back to room she was pale, but smiling.


The pregnancy hadn’t been planned, the father was a snake, and apparently morning sickness was now part of Katy’s routine. And yet, she beamed.


Over the previous couple of days I’d let some minor setbacks cloud my view of all I had to be grateful for.  “Gonna be like Katy,” I whispered to DD, the baby bunny sleeping at my feet. “Not gonna let the bad blind me to the good.”


Today I won’t let the bad blind me to the good.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

              www.greenbriartraining.com 

              https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

              https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment