Monday, August 30, 2021

 Fawlty Showers 2


An October Bike Ride

The air on the bike trail the next day was a bug-filled 90 degree soup. I pedaled up to my car exhausted and soaked at the end of my run. A man about my age sat on the tailgate of his truck drinking water. “Nothing like an October ride,” he said to me as I put my bike in its rack.


“It’s August,” I said, thinking the heat may have gotten to him. “You OK?”


He nodded, “Couldn’t be better. If you’re like me, you love those last couple of rides before the weather turns nasty. I try to think of everything I enjoy as my last before life turns like the weather.”


I knew when I felt winter creeping up I rode a little further, a little slower, enjoying the ride just a little more than I did in spring and summer.  I wondered if there were things in my life I could enjoy more if I treated them like an October bike ride.

 

Today I will treat life like an October bike ride.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.



Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment