Wednesday, August 4, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


Newsworthy

When I got to my office the next day I remembered it was my mother’s birthday.   She’d been gone many years.  I still missed her.


I drew a stick figure on a tablet. Next to the head I listed good memories of her, starting with her sitting on the couch, flanked on either side by a grandchild, reading to them, as happy as I’d ever seen her.


Next to the ears, I described listening to my wife laugh as she talked on the phone to my mother, the two of them being the best of friends.


I drew a mouth and wrote ‘Sunday dinners.’ The woman could cook.


I wiped a tear away, and said to my laptop, “Enough of this.”  When I picked up my phone, a banner announced bad news.  Bad news oozed from the TV 24/7, and like a car crash, you knew you shouldn’t look, but you couldn’t help it.


I put my phone down. “Can’t ignore the news, but it couldn’t hurt to take a little more time dwelling on good memories.” I picked up the tablet again.

 


Today I will stop and dwell on a good memory.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment