Friday, August 13, 2021


Fawlty Showers 2


Never Happened

We decided we couldn’t break up the adult pair of rabbits, Hoss and Pepper.  Randy had a friend who lived on a farm and thought they’d be happy in a fenced-in part of the yard.


I sighed, and said, “Lily Belle, Willow, Lady, Clover, and Beau can go to the shelter. My sister volunteers there. She says they’ll be adopted in no time.”


“And the one somebody just had to name Dipshitdumbass,” Dana said, glaring at me, “Clearly has to stay here with Ken.”


I looked to Randy, bracing myself for the boss to say no, DD had to go too. “Sounds like a plan,” he said.


As much as I hated to admit it, I had grown attached to DD. Somehow talking to a baby bunny seemed a little less strange than talking to my laptop or myself. Losing him would have hurt.


I tried to be grateful for good things in my life. I had a list of near misses in my head, times my bad choices had almost cost me. What of things life throws at people through no fault of their own?


I started a list of bad things that could have happened but hadn’t. I hadn’t developed my mother’s heart troubles or my father’s diabetes.  I hadn’t once lost a job due to downsizing in my entire career.


The list went on.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for bad things that didn’t happen.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment