Monday, August 2, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2

 

Strength

Randy joined us for lunch in the break room.  We got to talking about the stressors we all faced.            

  

“My dad was a civilian strategist with the military,” Randy said.  “He used to talk about building up your strength every day.”


“Like what?” I asked.


“Ken, every day you don’t drink, you have a chance to strengthen your recovery,” Randy said.


I nodded, thinking I got his point.  “Every time Abigail stands up to her aunt, she feels a little better about herself, and strengthens her determination.”


Katy looked down at her belly and said, “I’ve never lost my faith, but when I go to church now it strengthens my belief everything is going to be ok.”


Randy nodded, “My dad used to tell us every day he loved us.  When we were teenagers and we’d roll our eyes.  He’d say he was strengthening the family ties.”

 

Today I will build up my strength.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment