Monday, August 23, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


Undeserving Dopes

After the meeting I was sitting in my office when I heard the shriek.  I ran to see if Dana was OK.


Her phone sat on her desk. She stared at it, like it was a coiled snake, about to strike.


“My daughter called,” Dana said. “The leasing company is not only paying to transport the Porsche back from Mexico, they’re giving The Dope Without Hope a new one.”


I said, “Wait, didn’t the car break down because he never had the oil changed?”


“It sure as hell did.”  Dana cursed, and asked why the Dopes of this world got so much they didn’t deserve.


“I’d be mad too,” I said, “but you own two dependable vehicles.  Maybe you’d be happier focusing on that.”


Dana cursed yet again, muttered something about me and my bunny friend hopping on back to my office, and pointed to the door.


I laughed, and told her I’d check with her later.

 

Today I’ll be happier not wasting my time deciding who deserves what.

  

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•        www.greenbriartraining.com 

•         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment