Friday, August 6, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


Moon Dancing

Dr. Deb and I went down to the park to get dinner from the food trucks.  A man played guitar and sang classic rock songs.  I told him he was really talented, it was a shame people weren’t paying attention.


He shrugged, smiled, and said, “No good song is wasted.”


As I stood in line, I studied the people around me. The woman in front of me swayed to the music. A little girl, eyes shut, danced next to a picnic table. A man about my age seemed to be mouthing the words. They hadn’t appeared to be paying attention, but they were hearing the music.


“Can I just have one more moon dance with you, my love?” I whispered to Dr. Deb, repeating Van Morrison’s lyrics. “Can I just make some more romance with a-you, my love?” She squeezed my hand.


I thought about people setting a good example that seemed to be ignored. Was that example wasted, or were people hearing the message without seeming to pay attention?


“No good example is wasted,” I said.


Dr. Deb laughed, used to me voicing random thoughts connected to nothing. “Eat your gyro.”


 

Today I will set a good example, regardless of whether or not people seem to be paying attention.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment