Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Stretch

“By the way, congrats, I hear you’re the proud father of a fifteen year old freshman,” I said to Randy.


“I’ve never liked you,” Randy said, shaking his head, but smiling. 


“You waiting to see a blood test before you pay tuition?” I asked.


“I already wrote the check,” Randy said.


I must have looked surprised because Randy added, “It’s a stretch, but I can help so I will.  I’ll get the blood test later just for medical purposes.”  


I was fairly certain in Randy’s shoes, I’d wait for the blood test before I wrote a check, especially if writing that check was a ‘stretch.’


I wondered if I maybe I could stretch a little that day to help someone.


 

Today I will stretch a little to be kind.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

•             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment