Monday, August 16, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


Just a Human Bean

“While we’re talking about the giving up the animals,” Randy said, “did you guys see the news?”


Dana smiled a wicked little smile, “The County Inspector who made us get rid of Cuddles and MA got a DUI. Side swiped a row of cars.  Fought with the police.”


I wanted to feel bad for the County Inspector. I wanted to withhold judgment, not knowing her well, or why she was driving drunk.  I wanted to hope she got help.


Instead, I fought the urge to laugh. I fantasized about all five of going to her hearing, sitting in the front row, and passing a bowl of popcorn back and forth as we watched her get sentenced.


Later, my better instincts would kick in, and I would hope she got help.  In the meantime, I had to accept I was only human.


Today I’ll accept I’m only human.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

             https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment