Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


 “Who Loves You, Baby?”  Kojak

“Who wants a sweaty hug?” I asked Dr. Deb when I got home.


“Who wants a knee to the groin?” she asked in reply. “Go get a shower, you stink.”


“Aw, don’t you love me?”


“Always.” She kissed her fingertips and touched them to my lips. “Completely.”


As I was getting into the shower, she yelled up, “Don’t throw your sweaty clothes down the laundry chute. They get that smell on the stuff in the basket.”


“Too late,” I said to myself. “Good thing she loves me.” I thought of people who seemed to have no one, and wondered if I shouldn’t be a little more grateful for the people who loved me.

 

Today I’ll be a little more grateful for the people who love me.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment