Wednesday, November 10, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


But You Didn’t

I had wanted to put off correcting the tests, but I hadn’t.  I thought about people who beat themselves up over what they almost did, or wanted to do, but didn’t.


“I wanted to drink so bad I shook, but I didn’t. But damn, how I wanted that drink.”


“Doc’s got me on a strict diet.  Don’t know how I’ve stuck to it, I’ve got no willpower.”


“Could have gone home with him, but I didn’t.  I feel terrible that I was even tempted.”


“I fought the urge to smack that smirk right off his face.  I walked away instead. You don’t know how much I wanted to hit him.”


“The kid who sat next to me is a genius, I coulda cheated off him, but I didn’t.  There’s something really wrong with me because God, I really wanted to.”


“I stared at my phone for hours thinking about calling my dealer, but I didn’t.  Guess I’m just an addict at heart.”


I wanted to tell those folks you came right up to the line, but you didn’t cross it. Don’t beat yourself up, be glad you didn’t.

 

Today I’ll be glad I didn’t cross the line.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment