Friday, November 19, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

Stanley

The next day Stanley was back in the hospital, in bad shape. He had given his granddaughter Melissa a list of people to call. 


She laughed a little and said, "If worse comes to worst, he wants to be buried  in one of his velour track suits.”


“I love it,” I said. 


“I found a lime green one in his closet. It might be from 1975. It might be the ugliest clothing I’ve ever seen.”  We both laughed.


After a long pause, she added, “He would never tell you, but he has a favorite quote of yours, ‘live each day like you were writing your eulogy.’”


“If people had to describe you based on what you’d done on any given day, what would they say?” I teared up a little thinking of what I’d say about Stanley.


Melissa said, “ If I giving his eulogy, I’d say my grandpa was a kind soul, honest, sarcastic but funny, concerned for others, and still in love with my grandma twenty years after her passing.”

 


Today I’ll live my life like I was writing my eulogy.



Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

ww.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment