Friday, November 5, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


In No Time at All

The next day Randy told us the boy whose tuition he was paying had made the honor role.


 “Do you remember the boy’s mother?” I asked.


“Vaguely,” Randy said.  “My mother and my dog died within a week of each other.  I went a little crazy for a while, maybe just six weeks or so. Doesn’t seem like a long time, but I did some serious damage.”


“What happened?”


 “I wrecked a car, messed up my knee.  Gambled away a ton of money.  Lost my best friend hitting on his girlfriend.  My fiancée found out I was getting drunk and sleeping with whoever was willing. It was the end of us.”


 Randy looked away and added, “You’ll notice I never got married. In that short time I ruined so much.”


“One of the reasons I’m sober is I know I could screw up my whole life in a single night,” I said.


Katy chimed in, “It doesn’t take alcohol to mess up your life. I was stone cold sober when I married my ex. I had only known him for a month.”

 

Today I won’t underestimate the damage I can do in a short time.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com 

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment