Monday, November 8, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

Reference Shelves

I probably shouldn’t have asked, but I couldn’t help myself, “Randy, how long ago did you do all that damage?

“Fifteen years,” he answered, shaking his head. “I learned my lesson. I haven’t gotten really drunk since.”


“You haven’t dated much either,” Abigail pointed out to her cousin. "Do you think maybe it's time?"


I said, “OK Randy, I get why you don’t want to repeat past mistakes.  On the other hand, it’s like you learned something important in school, but you still haul the books around everywhere you go.”


Katy nodded. “Put Life’s hard lessons on a shelf so you can refer to them when you need to, but don’t carry them with you all the time.”


“Maybe you’re right,” Randy said. "Maybe I am dragging my past around."


 

Today I won’t haul around Life’s hard lessons. I’ll shelve them for future reference.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com 

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment