Friday, November 12, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


The Earl of Montrose

That night Brat Boy stopped in at dinnertime.


“Where’s mom?” he asked.


I said, “She had to work late.  I’m about to put some chicken on the grill. You want some?”


“You make it just the way I like it. Charred on the outside, raw in the middle.”


I muttered something about having one child too many. 


Brat Boy smiled. “Royal Night.”


When Brat Boy and Blondie were little, Royal Night was a special treat. We’d go to Burger King for kids’ meals and paper crowns.  We’d stop at Dairy Queen on the way home.


Brat Boy and I had both put in long days.  “Who deserves to be treated more like royalty than you and me?” I asked.


“Well, mom because she’s still working,” Brat Boy said.


“We’ll get her a crown,” I said, grabbing my car keys.  I thought how so many of us caught in the daily grind should treat ourselves better, if not like royalty.

 

Today I will treat myself like royalty.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment