Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Do You Copy?

Teachers tended not to believe the dog ate your homework.  I doubted the regulators would believe the rabbit ate my chart.


I trudged to the copy machine.


Randy was an administrator who made few copies.  He thought the ancient copier worked just fine.  Those of us who printed handouts for group held a different opinion.


“Your mother was mimeograph with a loose handle,” I said to the machine.


I put half the chart into the feeder and pushed the button for two-sided printing.  Three pages later the feeder jammed. I cleared the jam.  Two minutes after that, I heard a ripping noise and paper crumpling inside the copier.


I ended up feeding the pages of the chart to the copier one at a time, clearing a clog about every ten.


In the grand scheme of things, a lousy copier was not a big deal.  “I’m not going to take this personally,” I said to the machine.  I looked around before whispering, “But wouldn’t it be a shame if somebody spilled a giant cup of coffee down your innards?”

 

Today I’ll accept some frustration is just part of life.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

 www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment