Monday, November 1, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


That’s Odd

The next day I drove to Lancaster to present at the Pennsylvania DUI Conference. As I walked from the parking garage to the hotel I noticed several vehicles that were clearly unmarked police cars. 


A man walking beside me muttered, “Heavy police presence not scary, no stolen automatic weapons in my trunk.”


He saw the puzzled look on my face and told me he liked finding odd things to be grateful for.  “You can turn right on red. Polar bears don’t come this far south.  My daughter’s boyfriend never rats me out for smoking when we fish.”


“So what got you started looking for odd things to be grateful for?” I asked.


He said, “I was sitting in detox, feeling like hell. A woman sitting on the floor in the corner, knees tucked under her chin, rocking forward and back. Out of the blue she says, “I don’t have a urinary tract infection.”


I got it. “It was odd, but all she could think of to be grateful for at that moment.”


He nodded. “I knew I’d be grateful for the obvious, but I didn’t want to lose sight of the odd.”

 

Today I’ll find something odd to be grateful for.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com 

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment