Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

Remembrances, Regrets

Raking leaves that night reminded me of my mother and how she loved the fall. 


When the weather turned chilly my mother liked sitting in our living room, feet next to the fire, reading her paper, coffee cup in hand, our dog in her lap.  The air of her contentment was one of my favorite memories.


I thought about a line from AA’s Big Book:  ‘we won’t regret the past, nor will we wish to shut the door on it.” A reassuring thought, but in my experience regrets lessened in time, but tended to hang around.


“Every day is a chance to create fond remembrances or lasting regrets,” I said to myself.


Today I’ll create fond remembrances.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com 

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment