Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Just a Moment

Part of my job was offering home-study courses for people in the helping professions.  As the end of the calendar year approached, procrastinators flooded me with orders and tests.


After the meeting that day, Katy had dumped a pile of mailed-in tests on my desk.  More waited for me as email attachments or online responses.


I knew I’d be correcting tests most of the day, but I took a moment to just breathe.   I mentally wrote a short gratitude list, sipping my coffee, relaxing in my chair.


Wading through those tests sucked every bit as much as I thought it would, but at least I’d had that moment.

 

Today I’ll take a moment for myself.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment