Wednesday, November 17, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2

Time Off

I took time off the next day.

Sometimes I absolutely needed to be at work. Other times I was better served taking a little time for myself. 

My problem was, even though I preached self-care at my trainings, I didn't always practice it.  That day I decided I would.

I wrote my blog, answered a few emails, and shut my laptop. I put aside that uneasy feeling I sometimes got when I wasn't at work on a weekday.  I mentally listed all the benefits of time off.

"I really needed that," I said to the dog at the end of the day.  She nodded in agreement. I wondered if thinking the dog agreed with you was a bad sign, and maybe I needed to take more time off.

 

Today I will take some time for myself.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

 www.greenbriartraining.com 

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment