Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2

I’m Happy For You

“How did your ex respond?” I asked Katy. “You gotta think the video didn’t make him happy.”


Katy nodded. “He hated it. He told me if I had ever truly loved him I’d want him to be happy.”


Dana, who’d known Katy much longer than I had, snorted and said, “He wanted everyone to celebrate everything he did. Couldn’t care less about other people’s happiness.”


Katy sighed and looked at me. “I never met your wife. She sent a card saying she’s happy for my.  My ex said he’d fight me tooth and nail to avoid paying child support. I always want to be happy for other people, but I’ve finally learned to avoid people who can’t.”


Dana nodded, “People like your ex will drain you.  Shame you couldn’t have burned him in the pit.”


I made a note never to get on Dana’s bad side.

 

Today I’ll be happy for someone else, and avoid people who can’t be happy for me.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 


No comments:

Post a Comment