Monday, November 15, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


Healing and Hurt

Dana was subdued at the next morning’s staff meeting. I asked her why.


“The Dope Without Hope met someone new,” Dana said. “My daughter’s heartbroken.”


“I’d have predicted you’d be happy about it,” I said. “You hate The Dope.”


“I do, but The Princess loved him.  Hard to watch her suffer, even though I know in the long run she’s better off with someone else.  Anyone else.  Anyone at all.”


“Most healing hurts at first,” Abigail said.  “Most changes are at least a little uncomfortable.”


“You want to kick an addiction, you may have to go through withdrawal,” Randy said.


“You want to lose weight, you may have to be a little hungry,” I added.


“If you want to be completely done with your ex, you burn everything he left at your house in your neighbor’s fire pit,” Katy said a sinister smirk crossing her face. “Then you do a little happy dance and send him the video.”


We stared at her. “That hurt?” I asked, a little stunned and not knowing  what to say.


“An ember landed on my leg, so yes, it hurt a little.”

 


Today I’ll remember most healing hurts at first.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  •  www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment