Friday, October 29, 2021


Fawlty Showers 2


Sugar-Free Honesty

We stood together for a moment or two. I wanted to tell him he was definitely going to recover, that he would become a great father.


Instead, I said, “You can do it.”


He laughed. “They pay you to say I’m going to recover.”


I laughed too. “I’m not saying you will. I’m saying you can.”


We talked about his chances and how he could improve them.  I was honest with him about the difficulties ahead.


“Damn. I liked it better when I thought you were saying I would recover. Do you have to be brutally honest?”


“Means I’m being honest when I say you can.”

 

Today I’ll encourage someone without sugarcoating their situation.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment