Friday, October 8, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Fooling Around

The next morning I got on the bathroom scale. A really big number came up. I got off the scale, dried my hair, and got back on. The same number appeared.


I pondered the reasons for my apparent weight gain. All you can eat buffets? Skipped workouts? The boxes of cookies I’d paid cash for and hidden at work?


“Hon, I think the scale is broken,” I yelled down to Dr. Deb. I half believed it.


Then that pesky voice of reason in my head started listing how people fooled themselves, in big ways and small.


It’s not alcohol in general, just tequila that’s the problem. I’m just going to look, I’m not going to buy anything. Coke is a hobby, crack and meth are addictive. I’m gonna watch just one episode.


I said to the voice, “OK, those people are fooling themselves, but the scale really could be broken.”

 

Today I won’t underestimate my ability to fool myself.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  •  www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment