Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Progress Not Perfection

Just then, because the Universe has a wicked sense of humor, my phone rang. Talmadge had given The Preacher my number.


Slashing Talmadge’s tires would be wrong, I thought.  I’ll just let the air out of them.


The Preacher wanted to hear my opinion of his lead. I hesitated. In my head pathological politeness fought with rising anger.


I debated how to respond.  Your lead gave me an understanding of the human condition I shall cherish for all time.  You suck, somebody should remove your vocal cords.


“I think you gave people something to think about, but you really need to say less if you want people to hear you.”


He started to say more, but I cut him off. “Think about what I just said,” I added and hung up.


“I listened, but not until I was resentful,” I said to myself. “Progress not perfection.”


I wondered if there weren’t other areas of my life where ‘progress not perfection’ applied.

 

Today I’ll seek progress not perfection.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  •  www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment