Monday, October 4, 2021


Fawlty Showers 2

I took the next day off.  Over the years I'd fallen into the bad habit of burning vacation days.  When I did, I not only felt a little foolish, I heard the voice of my first sponsor.  

"HALT, Ken," he'd say. "Don't let yourself get too hungry, angry, lonely, or tired." 

He'd tell me to be careful of two things. One, making yourself busy can be a way to avoid working on the things you really need to focus on. 

And two, letting your ego convince you that you are too important to take time to yourself.  

I thought of all the people in my past whose voices I still heard giving me sound advice. 

Today I’ll be grateful for all the wise voices I still hear.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment