Monday, October 25, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


The Worst

When I got home Dr. Deb and Blondie were watching TV in the living room.


I told them about The Preacher’s long lead. “I get a little annoyed when people talk too much,” I admitted.


“More than a little annoyed,” Dr. Deb said, laughing. “Your face becomes a mask of rage and fury.”


“I think your exaggerating just a little,” I said.


“Daddy, I’ve seen you glare at your phone for a full minute after you’ve listened to a long one-sided conversation,” Blondie said.


They were right.  My resentment was way out of proportion. People like The Preacher who droned on and on brought out the worst in me.


Everybody has something that brings out the worst in them, I thought, but the worst was already there. The trick was to figure out how it got there. 


 

Today I’ll take a look at the worst in me before someone or something brings it out.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment