Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Might Happen

Dana practically bounced into my office, a bag of black licorice in hand. She extended the bag to me.


“What are we celebrating?” I asked, taking two pieces.


“She’s not pregnant,” Dana said. “Not even a little.”


I started to say something about pregnancy being an either/or thing, not a little/lot one, but asked instead, “Who’s not pregnant?”


“The Princess. I spent the last two weeks worrying about what I’d do if The Dope Without Hope got my daughter pregnant in Mexico.”


As I chewed on the licorice, Dana added, “I knew I was worrying about something that hadn’t yet happened, but I couldn’t stop myself from making all kinds of insane plans.”


“So you worried for nothing.”


Dana nodded, “Next time I won’t throw The Dope off the proverbial bridge until we come to it.” She took a bite of licorice. “So to speak, although I won’t rule out throwing him off an actual bridge.”


 

Today I try not to worry about things that only might happen.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment