Friday, October 1, 2021


FAWLTY SHOWERS 2


Miss Obvious, 2021

The next morning I wrote and posted my blog. A day later I realized I had typed ‘conscious’ when I meant ‘conscience.’  I’d read the paragraph many times before I posted it, but missed the obvious error.


Feeling incredibly dumb, I made a list of people I’d known who’d missed the obvious, hoping to convince myself I was just average-dumb.


The guy with three DUIs who refused to see he had a problem with alcohol.  “The cops are out to get me!” They got him parked on a major highway, passed out drunk.


The couple who seemed to forget credit card companies expect to be paid. Ditto the IRS. And the car loan people. Same as mortgage lenders.  “Hey Ken, we bought a boat.”  Name it ‘Sinking in Debt.’


The dad yelling at his kid, not seeing he was lucky to have such a happy little boy who just didn’t like sports. “He’s going to the Super Bowl someday.” Only if he has a ticket.


I added our cat to the list. No matter how many times I explained his job to him, he continued to bring small critters into the house.


I made a second list of other times I’d missed the obvious, hoping not to repeat past mistakes.


Today I’ll try not to miss the obvious.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment