Friday, October 22, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2

Blessing in Disguise
At the end of the meeting I got in line to thank the speaker.  The Preacher had gone on and on, as I had expected.  I tried to make a list of blessings in disguise. 


I didn’t share The Preacher’s need for constant attention. I was grateful for that.


My job involved a lot of public speaking.  The Preacher’s lead reminded me to keep things brief.


I had no doubt he spoke from his heart.  In his case the heart was an empty, needy place he’d once filled with alcohol.  He’d yet to find something to fill the void.  I was grateful I had.


The Preacher’s lead had made my ears bleed, but it truly was a blessing in disguise.  I wondered if there  more I’d overlooked.


Today I’ll look for blessings in disguise.


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment