Monday, October 18, 2021

FAWLTY SHOWERS 2


Rewards

It took me most of the day to finish filling out the forms I needed to keep our courses approved in several states.


When I was done, my eyes were tired, and my temples ached. I was thrilled to be done shuffling papers for the day.


At my burnout trainings I asked the audience what they would order for a last meal before they were executed. After they’d tell me, I’d suggest they reward themselves with that meal.

 “Working as hard as you do, you’ve certainly earned it.”


“It’s nice to get outside rewards,” I’d tell them, “but reward yourself as well.”


I rewarded myself by leaving work half an hour early so I’d have time to ride my bike before dinner.


 

Today I’ll reward myself.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

  • www.greenbriartraining.com 
  • https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

No comments:

Post a Comment